Do you want to make glowing orbs, gemstones, or other interesting effects? It’s not as difficult as you might imagine! Understanding electricity and LEDs, serial and parallel circuits, calculating resistors and battery life, learning to solder, molding and casting LED gemstones, lighting up plexiglas and acrylic spheres, and, of course, a lot of detailed pictures, tips, and examples of my own finished costumes are all covered in this 48-page book with over 170 pictures!
You’ll learn everything you need to know about creating LED circuits to light up your costumes and props in the fourth installment of Svetlana Quindt’s Tutorial Books Collection.
Introduction to LEDs, comprehending electricity, calculating resistors, explaining and choosing circuit types, estimating battery longevity, tools and supplies, soldering, casting LED jewels, and illuminating acrylic and plexiglass are all covered.
The Book of Cosplay Lights – Getting Started with LEDs‘ you’ll get easy step-by-step guides, tutorials and explanations for the following points:
- Introduction to LEDs
- Understanding electricity
- Calculating resistors
- Serial and parallel connections
- Calculating battery lifespan
- Required tools and materials
- Molding and casting resin gemstones with LEDs
- Building glowing acrylic spheres
- Lighting up Plexiglas
- no need to calculate anything – just pick a pre-arranged circuit and start soldering!
As well as the following work examples:
- Dani Moonstar – Marvel
- Druid T9 – World of Warcraft
- Protoss Wizard – Blizzard Crossover